Monday, June 11, 2012

Home made tortilla chips....YUMMY!!

from: Happy Herbivore Cookbook

**According to my son, this was his favorite vegan item I've made so far!!  He loved them and so did my husband!  They are easy to make, much healthier than store bought chips, and no preservatives!  I will make these again for sure!  My son is already asking for me to make them tomorrow night.  I served them with salsa as an appetizer to my enchiladas...YUM!!


Chili-Lime Corn Chips:

1 small lime, washed
1 10 oz package 8 in corn tortillas
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder (optional)  (I used)


Preheat oven to 325

Grease a cookie sheet and set aside

zest lime and reserve lime for juice later

Using a pizza cutter, slice each tortilla into 6 triangles

Transfer chips to a bowl, spray with cooking spray, and add lime zest, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder (if using)

Using your hands, toss to coat.

Re-spray and toss a second time, making sure all of the chips are lightly covered with zest and spices.

Place chips on cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 5 min.  Flip and bake 5-7 more until crisp (I did 7 min on one side and almost 10 on the other to get them really crispy)


Allow chips to cool for 5-10 min.  Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top before serving.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are really good...only problem is my kids eat them as fast as i can make them! :)

      Delete